EIC Accelerator Programme 2023 - 2024
What is the EIC Accelerator?
The EIC Accelerator is a funding programme under Horizon Europe that offers support to start-ups and SMEs that:
- have a innovative, game changing product, service or business model that could create new markets or disrupt existing ones in Europe and even worldwide,
- have the ambition and commitment to scale up,
- are looking for substantial funding, but the risks involved are too high for private investors alone to invest
The EIC Accelerator is a multi-stage application:
For the first phase, you will need a video pitch, a slide deck, and respond to a short set of questions about your innovation and your team.
You will normally receive feedback within 4~6 weeks. If your application meets the basic criteria for EIC Accelerator funding, you will be invited to prepare a full application (Second phase) to submit to one of the periodic cut-off dates for Accelerator Open or Accelerator Challenge funding.
Your full application will be assessed by experts against the full criteria for EIC Accelerator funding. If your application meets all of the criteria, you will be invited to the face-to-face interviews (Third phase) with an EIC jury as the final step in the selection process.
- Short application
- 3 mins video pitch
- Slide deck
- Full application to submit to one of the periodic cut-off dates
- Face-to-face interviews with an EIC jury
The EIC Accelerator provides substantial financial support with:
- grant funding (non-dilutive) of up to €2.5 million for innovation development costs,
- investments (direct equity investments) of up to €15 million managed by the EIC Fund for scale-up and other relevant costs.
In addition, EIC selected companies receive coaching, mentoring, access to investors and corporates, and many other opportunities as part of the EIC community.
The EIC Accelerator supports individual Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), in particular, Startups and spinout companies to develop and scale up game-changing innovations. In some cases, small mid-caps (up to 500 employees) are supported.
Who can apply?
Applicants from EU Member States and countries associated to the Horizon Europe programme:
- Single start-up or SME (including spin-outs)
- Small mid-caps (fewer than 499 employees) in need of rapid scale up of the TRL 9 activity. Mid-caps can apply for investment only.
- Natural persons or legal entities willing to set up an SMEs or a mid-cap.
Applicants from third countries:
- Applicants from third countries may relocate their company in order to become eligible. This must be done before submitting the full application (Step 2).
- Applicants from the United Kingdom can apply for the “grant only” scheme
- Applicants may submit only one application to the EIC Accelerator. Additional applications can be submitted after receiving the results of the original submission.
The EIC welcomes applications from innovators in all EU Member States and countries associated to the Horizon Europe programme. It particularly welcomes applications from startups and SMEs with female CEOs.